Meet the “The Fastest Indoor Track in the World” installed by Geosurfaces at the University of Arkansas
The Randal Tyson Track Center at the University of Arkansas campus was installed by Geosurfaces in 2000. It hosts a 200-meter Mondo track which is widely considered the fastest indoor running track in the world. Let’s take a look at the track complex more closely to see what makes it a world-class facility.
The track facility has hosted 20 collegiate-level championships since its inauguration and spectators in the stands have witnessed several national and world records, including a majority of current NCAA track championship records.
- Opened: in 2000
- Builder: Geosurfaces
- Total estimated project cost: $8,000,000
- Capacity: 5,500 spectators
- Total area of the facility: 106,000 square feet
- 200-meter oval track and 60-meter sprint track
- Areas for shot put and high jump inside the oval
- 8,500 sq ft warm-up area
- LED video scoreboard (36′ x 20′) installed in 2005
For more information about Geosrufaces track installation projects: geosurfaces.com